Monday, September 8, 2008

Everybody Poops

I recently became aware of something known as YouTube Poop. As it turns out, it's slightly less unpleasant than it sounds:


A YouTube Poop, or YTP, is a mix of media (most commonly video) to generate a video that either stuns, annoys, or entertains its audience. Contrary to popular belief, YTP is not limited to Zelda and Mario cartoons, Over 9000, or Sonic cartoons, but it can be a mix of anything; material is unlimited.

The definition of YouTube Poop and the style is always being altered, and viewers of it have different reactions. To some, YTP is an art, and to others, it is worthless and pointless, with no reason to exist. (Source: The definition on Urban Dictionary that made the most sense to me)


So in essence, it's a re-edited version of something that's already on YouTube. I've looked into a fair amount of Poop since discovering it (there's a sentence I never thought I'd type), and while most of it is annoying and not all that funny, I have found one such video that I am ready to label a masterpiece for our time. It reimagines a scene from Cycle 10 of America's Next Top Model as though David Lynch were directing an episode of Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job. Observe the awesomeness (and brace yourself):



AMAZING.

No comments: